5 Healthy Human Foods That Are Suitable for Dogs
It's tempting to share your food with your dog, but always make sure that what you're doing is what's best for your dog. Keep this in mind when deciding is you should give your dog some of your food or not.
Healthy Human Foods for Dogs
Share these human foods with your dog to boost their nourishment:
1. Rice. Rice is rich in carbohydrates that keep your dog fuller longer, helping aid in weight management. No sodium or cholesterol, it is rich in vitamins B3 and D. also try other grains like quinoa, corn, or oatmeal.
2. Unseasoned chicken. Boiled chicken, without the fat, is a good source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin B for your dog.
3. Fruits and veggies. Some fruits and veggies could be dangerous for dogs, but these are safe and nutritious for your pup to consume: watermelon, carrots, coconut, pumpkin, green peas, broccoli, bananas, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and apples. Avoid fruits that are high in sugar.
4. Peanut butter. Peanuts and peanut butter are not only tasty, but they also are good sources of protein, vitamin B and E. healthy fat, and niacin. make sure to use unsalted peanuts and give them small portions.
5. Salmon. Salmon is one of those healthy human foods for dogs that provide sufficient low-fat proteins and Omega-3 Fatty Acids. You can also try boneless tuna, herring, or sardines if salmon is too expensive.
Human Foods that are Not Dogs
Now that you know some of the healthy human foods for dogs, it is also important to understand which human foods are unsafe for them. This includes chocolates, onions, garlic, grapes, avocados, lemons, any drink with caffeine, macadamia nuts, yeast dough, bacon, cinnamon, and other foods high in salt.